Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marketing vs. Public Relations (a note on social network marketing strategies) Part II

So, you’ve done a ton of work and now you have thousands of followers on Facebook. Now what?
Most people think this is the end goal of a social network marketing strategy; but think of it this way – a blank billboard on the side of the freeway isn’t gonna do any good. That’s exactly what a poorly managed Facebook page or profile is.
For my own marketing strategy, I search out Facebook “friends” much more than I do “fans” for my page. I’ll explain why another day, but unless you are branding a product, I suggest going the friend route.
From here it’s all about making yourself look like the single smartest person anyone knows about whatever topic you are marketing. Post everyday and post insightful things about the topic. After a while, when one of your Facebook contacts has a question about your topic of expertise, they are gonna come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment